Omron 3 Series BP629 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Review
The Omron 3 Series BP629 is a wrist blood pressure monitor. It is the entry level model of Omron Blood Pressure series. It has features such as Advanced Averaging and BP Level Indicator. Though it is a basic model, it has some useful features.
Omron blood pressure monitors are tested clinically for the accuracy.
The cuff size of this wrist blood pressure monitor fits 5-1/4 inches to 8-1/2 inches. Generally a good fit for everyone.
Ease of Use:
The Omron 3 Series has a slim and portable design. It allows users to monitor their blood pressure at home, work or anywhere.
- Averaging Technology: It comes with “Advanced Averaging Technology”, that display the average of the last 3 readings taken during the duration of the last 10 minutes. Thus, ensuring accurate readings.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection: It detects fluctuations or irregular heartbeats while measuring blood pressure. If irregularities are detected in the heartbeat pattern, while measuring blood pressure, then an indicator icon will alert you. This feature will help you to seek medical help.
- BP Level Indicator: It provides the comparison of your readings with a standard blood pressure reading guidelines, established by the International Organization for normal blood pressure. This feature will provide a checkpoint for you whether your blood pressure is under normal parameters.
- Memory Storage: The memory capacity of the Omron 3 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor is 60. It comes with time and date stamp allowing you to review the last 60 readings with a touch of a button.
Value for Money:
This is the initial model in Omron blood pressure monitors series. When compared with the cost of other high-end wrist monitors, it seems to be costly .
2 “AAA” batteries included.
Standard Box Contains:
- 1 Omron BP-629, 3 Series wrist blood pressure monitor
- 2 AAA batteries
- 1 English/Spanish Instruction Manual
This product is good. However, it is an entry-level device and does not contain many features that other models do. The memory storage capacity is less compared to other devices. Cost wise it is pricey. If you are looking for a more features, with the affordable cost then, Omron 7 Series BP652 would be a good choice to look.