Omron 7 Series BP652 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Review
There are two types of blood pressure monitors available in the market – Upper Arm and Wrist. Omron 7 Series BP652 is a wrist blood pressure monitor that offers everything you might want in a blood pressure monitor: portability, ease of use and accuracy. It contains many features that greatly enhance the user experience. However, if you prefer Upper arm monitor having same features then you can look for Omron 7 Series BP760, BP760N and BP761.
For getting accurate blood pressure readings, the trick is to keep your wrist at your heart level. In addition, the 7 series blood pressure monitor comes with Smart Heart Guide Technology. This technology flashes orange and blue indicator lights, guiding your wrist to your heart level. Thus, helping you to get accurate readings. There are some doubts about the accuracy of wrist monitors previously. However, with more research and proper calibrations, the accuracy of wrist blood pressure monitors are now comparable to the accuracy of upper arm models.
In addition, it has advanced averaging features that provides the average of 3 readings taken within last 10 minutes to make sure you are getting accurate readings.
The cuff attached to Omron BP652 monitors fits most of the wrist. The size of the cuff is between 5-1/4 inches to 8-1/2 inches.
Ease of Use:
- Portability: The slim portable size of the Omron 7 Series Wrist monitor is more discreet and convenient. Allow users to use the device at home, at work or outdoors.
- BP Level Indicator: One of the most useful features of this monitor is a “BP Level Indicator”. It compares your readings with blood pressure readings guidelines established by the International Organization for normal blood pressure. This feature provides a checkpoint for your blood pressure.
- Multi User Mode: The Omron 7 Series Blood pressure monitor allows two users to use the monitor. It has 200-memory storage capacity, 100 for each user. It comes with time and date stamp, so you can review last 100 readings with a touch of a button.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detector: It detects fluctuations or irregular heartbeats while measuring blood pressure. If any irregularity is detected in the heartbeat pattern, an indicator icon will alert you. This feature helps you to seek medical help if there is inconsistency in heartbeat pattern.
- Carry case: The Omron 7 series wrist blood pressure monitor comes with a carrying pouch.
Value for Money:
For a wrist blood pressure monitor, the price is quite reasonable and value for money.
2 “AAA” Batteries (Included)
Standard Box Contains:
- 1 Omron 7 Series BP-652 wrist blood pressure monitor
- 1 English/Spanish instruction manual
- 2 “AAA” Batteries (Included)
- 1 storage case
For People who want to measure blood pressure on a regular basis and need to keep track of their readings at regular interval, 7 series wrist blood pressure monitor is a lifesaver. It is slim, portable, have awesome features like irregular heartbeat detector, advanced averaging, BP level indicator. The 3 Series BP629 monitor is a wrist blood pressure monitor. It contains few fewer features compared to BP652. The cost of it is few bucks less than 7 Series wrist monitor. The choice is yours. Considering the features mentioned above for 7 series wrist blood pressure monitor, I highly recommend it.