Omron BP761, BP760n and BP760 - 7 Series Review
Omron 7 series upper arm blood pressure monitor is a good monitor with many key features. The ComFit Technology, Irregular Heartbeat Detector, Advanced Averaging are few features that make monitoring blood pressure very easy. 7 Series contains 3 different models BP761, BP760N, and BP760 with minor variations.
Comparison table for Omron BP760N, BP761 and BP760
|Apple iPhone and Android
Differences between BP761, BP760N and BP760
BP760 vs BP760N
BP760N is the newer version of BP760.
BP760N vs BP761
Both these models are released in mid 2014. BP761 supports Bluetooth for data transfer and all other features are same as BP760N.
Omron’s monitors are well known for their accuracy. They are certified by various health organizations, making them most sought out blood pressure monitors in the market. It provides one of the best feature called ‘ComFit Cuff,’ which is a patented technology by Omron. Cuff fitting is important for getting accurate blood pressure readings.
ComFit cuff is pre-formed cuff which expands to fit the arm size of 9” to 17”. The cuff will not be loose or tight, it will be suitable for both standard arms and large sized arms. The Cuff Wrap Guide Indicator indicates whether the cuff is wrapped correctly and appropriately on your arm. Compared to “wrist monitors”, it is easy to get the fitting and position right in “arm monitors”. On the other hand wrist monitors such as Omron BP652 7 series and BP629 3 Series are more handy.
Ease of Use:
From 7 series onwards, all the Omron blood pressure monitors come with BP Level Indicators. This feature compares your reading with the readings set by the internationally recognized guidelines. This feature helps in checking whether you are deviating from the normal readings to hypotension or hypertension. In case you are, then it’s time to see a Doctor.
- Advanced Averaging: This smart technology displays the average of last 3 readings automatically taken within the duration of the last 10 minutes.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detector: This indicator detects the irregularity in the heartbeats while taking the measurement. The alert will appear when the device detects two consecutive heartbeat irregularities. This feature provides a great help since if there are irregular heart beats then, it’s time to consult a Doctor.
- Memory Capacity: The memory capacity of the BP761 and BP760N is 120. 60 for each user. The memory capacity of BP760 is 60. 30 for each user. It comes with date and time stamp. You can review the last 30 readings with a touch of a button.
- Data Transfer: BP761 supports data transfer using Bluetooth. The other two devices in the 7 series don’t support Bluetooth transfer. Also, it has the compatible app (Omron Wellness App) for both Android and iOS. However, the Bluetooth capabilities from Omron (including BP786) are very limited and have many issues. The app doesn’t integrate with other apps such as Apple Health App and Google Fit. If you need Bluetooth transfer feature then Withings blood pressure monitor would be the way to go.
Value for Money:
The 7 series arm blood pressure monitor is very affordable. It has great features with an affordable pricing. Worth a try.
It comes with AC Adaptor that can be plugged to wall and, monitor is ready to use as per the convenience. It can run on 4 AA batteries(Not Included).
Standard box contains:
- 1 Omron BP761, BP760n or BP760 7 Series Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- 1 ComFit Cuff (fits arms 9” to 17” in circumference)
- 1 Instruction Manual in English and Spanish
- 1 AC Adaptor (Also operates on 4 AA Batteries not included)
Omron brand of devices is value for money, rich in features and great product to have at home. They are among the top blood pressure monitors. Only, the confusion is which one fits your need.
The 7 series upper arm blood pressure monitor is a mid-range device that provides features that are not there in the 5 series, but lack few features that are there in the 10 series Monitor (BP785, BP785N, and BP786). A good deal for those who are looking for a simple yet effective blood pressure monitor.