Omron Complete BP7900 EKG Review
EKG (Electrocardiogram) is required to track your heart health by measuring the heart’s electrical activity. It is a painless test to gauge heart problems and overall heart’s health. Our heart is the critical part of our body and it is important to know its health on a regular basis. Heat beats ~100,000 times per day to power our body. As we take care of blood pressure, we also need to know the rhythm and beats of the heart.
Having one machine providing both blood pressure details and EKG is helpful.
Omron EKG is clinically validated and coming from the Omron Flagship, which is in the market from the last 40 years. It meets the Validated Device Listing (“VDL”) criteria for clinical accuracy validations. Also it has independent review and acceptance of documentation submitted by the manufacturer. Measure 5 times more data points. It minimizes the breathing and moments impact to reduce the measurement error.
It comes with a Durable, contoured wide-range D-Ring cuff. The cuf fits arms 9″ to 17″ in circumference.
Ease of Use:
Measure blood pressure and EKG simultaneously. It measures systolic, diastolic, pulse, atrial fibrillation, tachycardia, bradycardia and sinus rhythm. It is a blessing for the people who suffer from Atrial fibrillation (AFib), it helps to track their condition and seek treatment. The Bluetooth convenience allows to connect to Omron connect easily and help to personalize the trends and share the data with friends, family and care providers.
To measure EKG, you need to download Omron Connect App on your smartphone.It is a free App.
- Multi User Support:It supports unlimited users through App.
- Memory Storage: Since the data is stored in App, the memory is unlimited.
Value for Money:
Omron EKG is around $200 and has both blood Pressure Monitor and EKG. It is very easy to use and comes with unlimited memory. The comfort it provides without stepping out of the house is worth the buck.
Unit operates on 4 AA batteries (included).
- Easy bluetooth connectivity allows to connect to Omron Connect App.
- Work with Select Android and IOS devices. Visit Omron website for a complete list of compatible devices.
- The Omron EKG can connect to Amzon Alexa and you can ask various soughts of question about your last measurements. You can get averages, compare readings and more.
How to use EKG
To use the EKG feature you must download the free OMRON connect app to your smartphone.
Once your first EKG recording is taken, you will automatically receive a free medical interpretation within 24 hours, which is provided by a U.S. board certified cardiologist. Due regulations from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the heart rhythm for your first recording will not be visible on your smartphone screen.
Also, you will not be able to record any additional EKG measurements while the medical interpretation is being prepared. A report notification will be sent via email, at which time you will be able to view and record additional EKGs.
Step by Step instructions how to use
- Insert the batteries in the device.
- Download the Omron Connect app on your Android/IOS App.
- Turn On the Bluetooth on your phone and on the device to allow both to pair.
- Place the cuff on your arm and keep hand on your heart level.
- Open the App and select report BP and EKG and put it in the landscape position orientation and place on smart phone cradle on the device.
- Press the start button on the device and place the thumbs on the front electrodes and finger on the side electrodes.
- Remain still and do not move or talk till the cuff inflates and also 30 seconds countdown to record the EKG on the smartphone.
- Once the measurements are complete they get transfer to Omron connect app to share the data with friends, family and care providers.
1 Year limited warranty
Standard box contains:
- 1 Omron BP7900 Blood Pressure + EKG Monitor
- 1 Wide-Range D-Ring Cuff (fits arms 9″ to 17″ in circumference)
- 1 4 AA Batteries
- 1 Storage Case
- 1 Instruction Manual
- 1 Quick Start Guide
With changing lifestyles and increased stressed life, people are suffering from heart diseases and if there is a device that can be used that not only provides a blood pressure monitor but also EKG then it is icing on the cake. Omron EKG is very easy to use and can be maintained easily. You can get the attention of a Care provider within 24 hrs using the Omron Connect App. The Omron company is excelling in adopting the latest technology to make high end products. Omron EKG is a big breakthrough and highly recommended.