Omron Platinum BP5450 Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Review
This product is validated by VDL (Validated Device Listing) criteria for validations of clinical accuracy. It has Omron advanced accuracy technologies that measure 5 times more data points for accurate readings.
The monitor has following features to ensure accuracy:
- Advanced Averaging: To have better accuracy, it is important to have an average of the last 3 readings, as a value addition, this device provides an average of 3 readings you took in the last 10 minutes.
- Tru Read: This premium device has the amazing feature where the device takes the consecutive 3 readings in the intervals customized by the user and provides an average, this feature is by default disabled, you need to enable it to enjoy the feature.
It comes with a wide-range D-ring cuff (fits arms 9″ to 17″ in circumference). The fitting of the cuff is important for the accuracy of the measurements.
Ease of Use:
Monitor have many built-in features:
- Dual LCD Monitors: This feature provides side by side comparisons of the current readings with the last readings for the better analysis of the data. Backlit LCD Screen provides ease of read for the numbers.
- High Morning Average Indicator: Some people have high blood pressure in the morning, generally termed as “Morning High Pressure” or “Morning Hypertension”. The device calculates the averages of the daily morning blood pressure and alerts you with a “high” symbol on display if your Systolic pressure is more than 130mmHg and diastolic pressure is less than 80 mmHg.
- Multi User with Large Memory: This device supports 2 users and each user can store upto 100 readings on the device, however it can store unlimited readings on the App.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detector: This device not only identifies the irregular heartbeat detected during the measurements and displays as a symbol but also displays the number of irregular heartbeat detected.
Value for Money:
With the features it has, the cost is very reasonable. However, Omron carries other series such as Omron Silver and Omron Bronze, though they don’t have few of the features, price wise they are placed more competitively. However, this one is one of the devices that’s worth the dollars spent.
It operates on 4 AA batteries and comes with AC Adapter
It connects to Omron connect Apps via bluetooth. The app can be easily downloaded on Android and IOS devices. It also connects to Amazon Alexa and you can ask Alexa to provide your last readings and averages.
It comes with 6 years warranty. There are only a few other devices that come with this kind of warranty.
Standard box contains:
- 1 Omron BP7450/Platinum Blood Pressure Monitor
- 1 Wide-Range D-Ring Cuff (fits arms 9″ to 17″ in circumference)
- 1 Storage Case
- 1 AC Adaptor
- 4 AA Batteries
- 1 Instruction Manual in English and Spanish
- 1 Quick Start Guide
Omron Platinum Blood Pressure Monitor belongs to Omron Flagship Blood pressure devices and includes features that are very useful and can make measuring blood pressure at home easy and worth it. They have features such as Tru Read, advanced averaging so that the user gets reliable measurements and the D-ring contoured cuff is comfortable and fits perfectly to help get better reading. If you are looking for smart devices that are handy and give you peace of mind then go for this one.